THE A‑R MUSIC ANTHOLOGY IS THE MUSIC HISTORY AND THEORY RESOURCE OF THE FUTURE
- More than 600 pieces of music (over 7,000 pages) from antiquity through the romantic era.
- Pre-set course packs give you a fast start to preparing your syllabus or customize your own unique course quickly and easily.
- Substantial price savings compared to print textbooks and anthologies.
- Available two ways - by direct subscription to students or by library license.
- Free full access to registered course instructors.
Kendra Preston Leonard
How to Use Pre-Set Courses
MT04-Form-Analysis: Romantic (Music Theory)
Content Guides are now available to use with your students.
Watch for announcements about new content and features.
Join the A-R Music Anthology Users Group for news and announcements.
ENTHUSIASM FOR THE ANTHOLOGY
"The A‑R Online Music Anthology, with its vast array of music representing essential styles, genres, forms, procedures, and composers, is the music anthology of the future. Students will be able to make use of it for many different courses, and teachers will be able to vary their course content with ease from one semester to another."
—Michael Griffel, Music History Department Chair
The Juilliard School
"The A‑R Online Music Anthology has proven to be a rich and nimble resource of score and textual content for our students and faculty. Scores are clean and precise, consistent with A‑R's famously high editorial standards, and cover a wide swath of styles from ancient to contemporary. A further enhancement is the online textbook, with articles written by acknowledged scholars in clear and illuminating prose. Congratulations on this achievement."
—Kevin McLaughlin, Library Director (retired)